Thursday, December 12, 2013

On the corner of Orwell and 'Progress'

On Tuesday I sent my "So's how my 5 year old "Obama Capital Strike" prediction holding up?" article to my best friend left.  No, that's not right, my best left friend. And he read it.  When I found out my first reaction was to go all Sally Field: "You read me, you really read me!" Then after I thanked God and the Academy and my ex wife for being the inspiration that got me out of the house permanently, I read what he said:

"Sorry, but you were predicting the end of the world 4 or 5 years ago. I was predicting muddling through. We’ve muddled through and then some."

"Doesn’t mean there aren’t big problems. But world hasn’t ended yet."


Boy isn't that just like the counter-clockwise? They take a wholesome stream of principled, data driven gloating and invective and twist it into a Gorean end of the world diatribe. For the record I never said that the ascension of Barack Obama to the Eagle Throne of our elective Monarchy was going to be the end of the world. I might have said it stank, reeked, puked, popped, sizzled or rotted, but I never predicted the end of the world. I go to church and they own that franchise along with the Goreacle.

What I said was that I thought the situation we had entered and that the nation had foolishly chosen the Obami to deal with (not that "Jackass" John McCain would have done much better) was very much akin to that of the arrival of FDR to 'save' the nation from our last catastrophic economic bust. And that it was a particularly terrifying sign that BHO was handing out laudatory histories of the New Deal and had apparently decided that while in the White House he was going to pretend to be both Mr. Biggest Military Catastrophe We've Ever Had Lincoln and Mr. Biggest Economic Catastrophe That We Didn't Recover From Until We Got Into Another War Because He's a Big Dope Roosevelt at the same time. Ego, thy name is Barack.

At which point I predicted a Capital strike - no, not a major outbreak of e.e. cummings poetry but the partial withdrawal of the active business investing class from the field of play driven by constant or falling return expectations tied to rising volatility due to high levels of policy and regime uncertainty. You know, what made the Great Depression so damned Great. Well, I might not have said it in exactly those words because we'd been drinking beer. I actually think I burped that last sentence which at the time seemed pretty cool.

And my beer addled prediction came true!  Look!  If the chart below doesn't stink I don't know what stink is.

Private investment

But I'm really digging into this the whole 'war is peace', 'all animals are equal but some animals are more equal than others' use of language.  I didn't realize that progressives were schooled in such esoterica but evidently they ingest it with their mother's milk.  Which come to think of it is why they're so opposed to infant formula - fail to ingest, and you might not 'progress'.  Anyway, here is the progressive's progression on unemployment descriptors from least bad or lowest and shortest (in non prog speak) to most bad or highest and longest lived- I took these from actual port siders commenting on actual recessions, so it's got to be the God's (or Godless') honest truth:

"Cruel" - What Dick Nixon did to the people, very short unemployment stretch.

"Unconscionable"  What Evil Ronnie Raygun did - a bit deeper a bit longer, second worst postwar recession.

"Outrageous"  HitlerMcChimpy being chastised for a shallow but long lived unemployment event.

"Muddle Through"  Absolute deepest, longest lived, worst post war unemployment by far

"Muddle Through and then some"  Absolute deepest, longest lived, worst post war unemployment by far made worse by explicit and massive policy blunders

"Happy days are here again"  Catastrophic Depression followed by World War

"Great, things are just great!"  Defcon One, 40% national casualties, 25 million dead.  Chinese Invasion.

Well, OK, the last one I might have made up a little.

Make sure that you memorize these Democrat party reference words because if  you don't know which words mean what with which political party you might find yourself arriving in the midst of a Khe Sahn firefight when you thought you were going Easter Egg rolling.  Dem phraseology is tricky, tricky, tricky.  Particularly if your Mom used formula.




And what really confuses is that some lefties insist on using standard English.  For example the chart above is described by the true blue right winger who made it as the "Scariest Jobs Chart Ever"  NPR produced another chart based upon that chart (below) that measured actual job creation relative to the growing population which they termed the "Even Scarier Jobs Chart Ever"  (damned derivative democrats).
























Note the dark red line at the bottom: that's 'muddling through' or sometimes it's called a 'surfeit of Hope and Change'.  But stick to muddling through - surfeit is hard to spell.  From NPR.  Here.

And here's what's so obscene about it:  they used scary and scarier with absolutely no reference to the partisan identification of the responsible party.  Therefore they could have called a Truman or Carter unemployment event 'scary'.  My God they are going to kill progress forever if they don't straighten up and fly left.  This can not stand.  I mean where would the Dems be if they play slow and accurate with the truth? To Repeat:  A catastrophic economic event happening under a Democrat administration is termed a 'Muddling Through".  Under a Republican administration it is called 'Genocide'.  DAMMIT, MAN STAY FOCUSED!

Anyway I stand in awe of leftist rhetorical prestidigitation.  Their ability to make words mean anything is something that I know that my dim reptilian conservative forebrain will never master.  That and the new math.  Well that, the new math and how to pick up feminist chicks.  Well that, the new math how to pick up feminist chicks without calling them chicks so they don't hit you.

Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment