Monday, December 02, 2013

My pastor made the bigs!

Well my Pastor emeritus. Actually he's not emeritus to the Church (or maybe he is, I haven't been paying much attention lately) but I award all the pastors that I used to have with the Emeritus title or technically Emeritus Reevicus. It's quite an honor.  Or an insult, depending upon your perspective.

Anyway, Dan Doriani wrote a piece on Pope Urban II's Crusader Speech that got picked up by Real Clear Religion. Getting posted there is like getting called up to the major leagues of bitter partisan invective. Well, the politics site is like MLB. I think the Religion site is a bit more genteel, more like major league Polo.

Incidentally, I disagree with Dan that the Crusades were a disaster in every way: what would we call self righteous campaigns if we hadn't had the Crusades? Self righteous campaigns? and if that's the case does that mean that Cru would be called Cam? or Selfie?

Every pointless, lunatic flailing has a purpose.  If only to better define the boundaries of 'pointless', 'lunatic' and 'flailing'.

No comments:

Post a Comment