Monday, November 03, 2014

What if I were superman?

What if I was Superman but didn't want to fly?
What if I was a hero that didn't want to die?
How can you be free if you just don't care to try?
How can you be Superman and never learn to fly?

I could be great but that's not my style
Cause I'm just like a Superman who's too afraid to fly

What if I was Spiderman but didn't want to swing?
What if I was ruler but didn't want to be the King?
How can you be free if you just don't care at all?
How can you be a hero if you only want to crawl?

I should be stronger but instead I take a fall.
Cause I'm just like a Spiderman who only wants to crawl.

What if I was the President but didn't have a clue?
What if I called the shots and told people what to do?
Would it matter that I truly didn't care?
Why be the President if there's nothing for you there?

I should be wiser but instead I play a fool.
Cause I'm just a man who don't know what to do.
Yes I should be wiser but instead I play the fool
Cause I'm just a man who can't know what to do.



Copyright William T. Reeves, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment