Friday, July 11, 2014

If you watch one egghead TED talk this year please watch this one by Jonathan Haidt

Haidt is a sociologist that studies morality.  He explains why conservatives and liberals are different and urges us to take the advice of an old Buddhist master and get out of the "I'm right you're wrong" framework to morality and make a real attempt to understand how the other side is arriving at their conclusions.

It's thought provoking and a bit convicting.  Of course you gosh darn lefties need this talk a lot more than I did.

Nineteen entertaining minutes, including two moral maps of the United States that outline the Jesusland and Dumbfuckistan dystopias versus the Canadian/American Paradise.  Personally I'm proud to be a citizen of Dumbfuckistan.  That way when I run rings around libs I can truly say that they are dumber than a dumbfuck like me.

Ah, the little things that make life worth living.  Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment