Saturday, August 13, 2011

Obama isn't incompetent, he's simply who he always was

Norman Podhoretz argues that it isn't that Obama is incompetent but that he is simply implementing the social democratic agenda that he believes in.  I actually think he's both incompetent and a hard leftist.  For which I am eternally grateful - a competent leftist President could do far, far more damage.  I also believe that BHO has had bad luck - to be a social democrat elected at precisely the point that social democracy is imploding across the western world.  Ironic, isn't it?


I disagree with those of my fellow conservatives who maintain that Mr. Obama is indifferent to "the best interests of the United States" (Thomas Sowell) and is "purposely" out to harm America (Rush Limbaugh). In my opinion, he imagines that he is helping America to repent of its many sins and to become a different and better country.
But I emphatically agree with Messrs. Limbaugh and Sowell about this president's attitude toward America as it exists and as the Founding Fathers intended it. That is why my own answer to the question, "What Happened to Obama?" is that nothing happened to him. He is still the same anti-American leftist he was before becoming our president, and it is this rather than inexperience or incompetence or weakness or stupidity that accounts for the richly deserved failure both at home and abroad of the policies stemming from that reprehensible cast of mind.




No comments:

Post a Comment