Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Making large, no money down pay later loans to 18 year olds is predatory, isn't it?

Particularly when the majority of the borrowers won't even end up with the product that they are paying towards.  In a normal industry this would be considered unethical, even fraudulent.  But in our topsy turvey world, it is 'charities' founded to 'help' young adults that are the perps.  They've used it to quadruple their take per rube, I mean student.   This is what passes for responsible behavior at our most self righteously 'egalitarian' institutions.

A new low in cynicism.


BIGGEST COLLEGE REGRETS: “The day that I signed on the dotted line of my promissory note, I didn’t even understand what it would mean to have to pay back more than $40,000 in student loans. I’ll tell you what it means: living in a crappy apartment in Queens well into my 30s. I vaguely remember my dad trying to get the message through to me, but I must have had cotton in my teenage ears.” As stories like this spread, the higher education bubble will deflate.

No comments:

Post a Comment