Friday, December 19, 2014

Microagression is all the microintelligent, microbrave can handle

Anyone who understands how true achievement happens knows that it requires courage and a thick skin. Yet our elite universities are creating a generation of bright cowards who cannot bear contradiction or adversity.

It's this hot house fragility of the young left that gives me hope for the future. For these men without chests - to steal CS Lewis' formulation - lack the fortitude to see their revolution through.

"Give me some men who are stouthearted men who will fight for the right they adore!
Give me ten men who are stouthearted men and I'll soon find you ten thousand more!"

Not on an Ivy campus you won't. Instead: "whiners to the left of me quitters to the far left. Here I am stuck in a proggo nightmare again."




No comments:

Post a Comment