Monday, January 17, 2011

Holy Irony, Batman, Jared Lee Loughner was a 'truther'

If you recall, 'Truthers' were the most radical opponents to the war on terror, arguing that President Bush instigated the 9/11 attacks as a pretext for invading oil bearing countries like Afghanistan (I know, I know, it makes no sense, what can I do, it was their argument).  Imagine that:  to the extent that Mr. Loughner had any coherent political views at all, they were the opposite of those held by Conservatives, Republicans and Tea Partiers.  
UPDATE: Related: Loughner a Truther/Anarchist: “I am very familiar with this kind of idiot: I saw them all the time at the anti-war rallies I covered between 2003 and 2008. They hate Bush, they hate America, and they ‘hate war’ in that America is usually the dominant combatant in any war and thus it’s an endeavor that tends to solidify American strength. . . . Not that Loughner was sane, or part of a ’scene.’ We know that now. But to the extent that he was ‘informed’ by a political worldview, it was that of the left-leaning anarchists — at the exact opposite pole from Sarah Palin and the Tea Party.”

What I want to figure out is how Sarah Palin incited a 'truther' - perhaps she made him mad by disagreeing with him so he killed.....her opponents.  

Meanwhile in the NYT/MSNBC/MSM bunker silence reigns supreme.

No comments:

Post a Comment