Tuesday, October 19, 2010

It's not Illegal Immigrants, nor is it undocumented workers, now it's "New Americans"

 War is peace, hate is love and illegals are 'new'.  The question is this just rhetoric or is he really that deluded?  Hat tip Geraghty.
Examiner columnist Gregory Kane calls our attention to a sneak preview of the Big New Buzzword of 2011: "Did I hear Maryland Gov. Martin O'Malley, D, right during his second debate with former Republican Gov. Robert Ehrlich? Did O'Malley call illegal immigrants 'new Americans'? Good thing I recorded that debate on a DVD. I replayed it Saturday night, and O'Malley's exact quote was this, part of his response to a question about illegal immigration. 'There is this nativism rising up and this desire to blame new Americans for the problems in our economy.' Yeah, he said it. And Ehrlich was quick to pounce on the gaffe. 'If somebody breaks in my house, is that a new member of my family that night?'"

No comments:

Post a Comment