Tuesday, December 06, 2011

The Heart of the Problem

Obama during the 2008 Campaign:

I think that I’m a better speechwriter than my speechwriters. I know more about policies on any particular issue than my policy directors. And I’ll tell you right now that I’m gonna think I’m a better political director than my political director.
Only someone lacking in experience and self awareness could possibly have said something like that.  Leaders have a lot of confidence but they also recognize that they have weaknesses and need other people - not just as gofers but as contributors.  But President Obama, floating ever higher on a gaseous cloud of affirmative action and leftist rhetoric was never forced to confront is own limitations.  The result:  inevitable failure as a man unprepared for the office hits his reality all at once.  No wonder he's taking 17 days off without a meeting.  Failure must be quite a shock to him.

Next time let's hire a qualified candidate to be President.  And the first test of their qualification?  They don't say things like this.  Even if they believe them.

No comments:

Post a Comment