Monday, November 15, 2010

I knew I shouldn't have believed the hysteria

I gave into the media driven hysteria about the oil spill.  It turns out it was the same balderdash that we always get from the enviros.

The catastrophists were wrong (again) about the Deep Water Horizon oil spill. There have been no major fish die-offs. On the contrary, a comprehensive new study says that in some of the most heavily fished areas of the Gulf of Mexico, various forms of sea life, from shrimp to sharks, have seen their populations triple since before the spill. Some species, including shrimp and croaker, did even better.

The growth of the fish population is not occurring because oil is good for fish. Rather, it is occurring because fishing is bad for fish. When fishing was banned for months during the spill, the Gulf of Mexico experienced an unprecedented marine renaissance that overwhelmed any negative environmental consequences the oil may have had, researchers say.

I must admit that I gave into it in part because I wanted to believe the worst about BHO.  I am sorry.  I will never believe another environmental scare story until I see the source data and have it vetted by experts that I trust (which in general excludes anyone working for the Federal Government).

We are lied to all the time by the people who present themselves as our 'servants' and 'saviors'.  They have sown the wind and now shall reap the whirlwind.

No comments:

Post a Comment